Business Intelligence & Management Information
Whilst ERP solutions are, for the majority, mature in use, both Business Intelligence (BI) and Management Information (MI) solutions are growing. Read the full results here.
In March and April 2011 The Corporate IT Forum conducted a Reality Checker survey to understand the changes businesses are experiencing with Business Intelligence and Management Information. 97 respondents from over 40 organisations answered questions on ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) development, the tools used, as well as recommended suppliers and solutions. Contributing organisations represent an annual IT spend of over £107 billion and employ 1.24 million people.
- ERP mature in use: supported by mature process and policy documentation.
- Commercial off the Shelf popular: majority of respondents buy BI off the shelf.
- Predictive Analysis in use: respondents actively analyse current and historical data to predict future events.
- CRM migrating to Cloud: by far the most popular.
- Excel tops the 'chart': cited as the most used, most recommended and also the product most would not recommend.
"Just wanted to say thanks; another great day where I have come out with more knowledge than I entered with"
"Many thanks; [the event was] very good and beneficial"
"I have never not found a day interesting"
"The Corporate IT Forum is a fantastic level check, free of vendor sell and consultancy hype. I like the open sharing of experience…"
"We get valuable knowledge and experience from members of The Corporate IT Forum. This helps us to make better and informed decisions to reach our business goals…"
"The knowledge from other people on what they are doing/have done is invaluable to my team"
"The workshop validated the marketplace for supplier apps; participants were of a uniformly high standard; personally, I value highly the ethos of the Forum in the fact that it is supplier independent"