How do you ensure the smooth transition either into a new or out of an existing contract?
The Contract Transitioning event enabled senior IT professionals to share experiences of contract transitioning, and moving between IT service providers. The discussion allowed members to share advice and experiences of the potential pitfalls of transition, and the tools, techniques and strategies that have been used successfully during transition.
The event was attended by 20 members from a wide range of public and private sector organisations including the pharmaceutical, industrial, automotive, government and retail sectors.
Key issues discussed at the event included:
- Positive and negative experiences of contract transition
- Working with single suppliers versus a multi-sourcing arrangement
- Planning and executing effective exit strategies
- Understanding the change management involved in transition
- Validating and verifying contract transition
- Measuring the success of a transition
- Strategies to deploy when expectations are not met
"The Corporate IT Forum is a fantastic level check, free of vendor sell and consultancy hype. I like the open sharing of experience…"
"We get valuable knowledge and experience from members of The Corporate IT Forum. This helps us to make better and informed decisions to reach our business goals…"
"The knowledge from other people on what they are doing/have done is invaluable to my team"
"The workshop validated the marketplace for supplier apps; participants were of a uniformly high standard; personally, I value highly the ethos of the Forum in the fact that it is supplier independent"