Service Transition for Project Managers
Download this Output Report from the Corporate IT Forum discussion.
Service transition can be a significant challenge for project managers, and this report discusses the evolution of service transition, and the importance of governance in effective transitions. The paper also provides insights into methods of enhancing project methodologies and how to measure effective service transition.
Key challenges identified by delegates included:
- Defining roles and responsibilities during Service Transition
- Understanding what documentation is needed during transition
- Balancing the project team handover and acceptance into support
- Ensuring effective knowledge transfer and training
- Making the most of operational readiness reviews
- Preventing the 'throw it over the wall' mentality
- Engagement and best practice with Service Transition
This report has been compiled from experience shared during a Corporate IT Forum discussion attended by 23 IT professionals representing 15 different organisations with a combined experience of 113 years in service transition. Organisations represented were from the financial services, retail and petrochemical industries.
"The Corporate IT Forum is a fantastic level check, free of vendor sell and consultancy hype. I like the open sharing of experience…"
"We get valuable knowledge and experience from members of The Corporate IT Forum. This helps us to make better and informed decisions to reach our business goals…"
"The knowledge from other people on what they are doing/have done is invaluable to my team"
"The workshop validated the marketplace for supplier apps; participants were of a uniformly high standard; personally, I value highly the ethos of the Forum in the fact that it is supplier independent"