Testing in an Agile Environment
Testing in an agile environment presents significant challenges for IT organisations, and many of the Corporate IT Forum's members are in the early stages of using and understanding agile IT.
The key challenges identified included:
- What projects is the agile methodology appropriate for?
- What are the advantages of agile over alternative approaches?
- How can the testing team be integrated with the project team?
- What can be done to improve flexibility in agile testing and what specialist resources are needed?
- How can IT teams secure buy-in from the customer for automated testing?
- What is the best setup for roles in an agile testing team?
- How can organisations understand and define the scope of testing?
- Can the agile approach be used in multiple locations?
- What tools are available to run multiple agile testing environments?
- How does agile testing deal with things such as lack of documentation?
- What skills are needed in a testing, Scrum and TDD team?
"The Corporate IT Forum is a fantastic level check, free of vendor sell and consultancy hype. I like the open sharing of experience…"
"We get valuable knowledge and experience from members of The Corporate IT Forum. This helps us to make better and informed decisions to reach our business goals…"
"The knowledge from other people on what they are doing/have done is invaluable to my team"
"The workshop validated the marketplace for supplier apps; participants were of a uniformly high standard; personally, I value highly the ethos of the Forum in the fact that it is supplier independent"