tISS: Identity Management in a Mobile World
"A chain is as strong as its weakest link, and when it comes to IT security, IAM is the weakest link in many organizations." (Francis Kaitano, Iaa.org, 2008)
Delivering efficient Identity Management should be about managing people and processes rather than technology. However, technologies and tools still play an important role in each organisation's strategy and delivery. How is Identity and Access Management (IAM) adapting to the increasingly mobile enterprise?
"Too often, identity management projects become too large or cumbersome to finish on schedule" (Francis Kaitano, Iaa.org, 2008). This workshop will not only look at how to efficiently deliver IAM in the mobile enterprise today but also at strategies going forward.
Who should attend
The agenda will be developed from delegate input - provisional topic areas include:
- Design concepts and issues
- IAM and Federation
- IAM in the mobile enterprise
- Architectures & standards
- Aligning use of biometrics with best practice / standards
- Verification at directory level
- People and politics - senior management, ICT, business, line managers
- Introducing an ID and Authorisations Strategy to avoid ad hoc tactical solutions being deployed
- Access Management strategy to support collaborative business approach
- Flexible ways of getting access to systems / data
- Anytime / Anywhere access in a controlled manner
"The Corporate IT Forum is a fantastic level check, free of vendor sell and consultancy hype. I like the open sharing of experience…"
"We get valuable knowledge and experience from members of The Corporate IT Forum. This helps us to make better and informed decisions to reach our business goals…"
"The knowledge from other people on what they are doing/have done is invaluable to my team"
"The workshop validated the marketplace for supplier apps; participants were of a uniformly high standard; personally, I value highly the ethos of the Forum in the fact that it is supplier independent"