Cloud Conference: Cloud Computing in the Real World
- Cloud Computing in the Real World (Sample)
- Cloud Computing in the Real World (Report)
- Presentation: Fast Future, Rohit Talwar (Presentation)
- Presentation: McDonalds, Mark Fabes (Presentation)
- Presentation: Cloud Security Alliance, Vladimir Jirasek (Presentation)
- Presentation: Bristows, Toby Crick (Presentation)
- Presentation: SoftwareONE, Neil Lomax (Presentation)
- Presentation: thetrainline, Josko Grljevic (Presentation)
- Presentation: Warwickshire CC, James Smith (Presentation)
Cloud Computing cuts across the whole IT environment. Crucial decisions need to be made, and so The Corporate IT Forum is organising this Cloud Conference to explore how enterprises are approaching the adoption of the Cloud.
Corporate Cloud uptake continues to be one of the industry's hot topics. Sifting through all of the hype can make it difficult to make sense of what the Cloud means for your organisation and understand the changes it will bring.
So how do you know if it is right for your organisation? Are the promised benefits ever truly realised? Who is using which services, why, and what are the true costs? If you do decide to go to the Cloud, should it be public, private or a hybrid? And what about the ongoing security concerns?
The Forum's Cloud Conference provided access to independent unbiased opinion on the key issues surrounding Cloud services. Real-life experiences were shared from a wide range of global enterprise IT professionals, and from select expert suppliers. Access the reports and presentations to help find answers to your pressing questions around the Cloud and to understand what others are doing in this critical area.
The following keynote speakers made presentations:
- Paul Harding, A&N Media - Project Manager
"Legacy System Move to The Cloud"
- Toby Crick, Bristows - Partner
The primary focus of IT lawyer Toby's work at law firm Bristows is on technology, communications and outsourcing projects
- Vladimir Jirasek, Cloud Security Alliance (UK) - Director of Research
"Security architecture and Cloud computing, are these mutually exclusive?"
- Rohit Talwar, Fast Future - CEO
Futurist Rohit delivers his "Vision of the Future: IT leadership in a Converging World"
- Mark Fabes, McDonald's - UK IT Director
"Benefits realised, challenges mitigated"
- Mark Looker, Morgan Stanley - Executive Director, Enterprise Computing
"Challenges in Building a Real, Large Private Cloud"
- Neil Lomax, SoftwareONE - Director
Vendor-agnostic licensing experts SoftwareONE on the intricacies of Cloud licensing
- Josko Grljevic, thetrainline.com - IS Director
"Building our own internal Cloud". Innovating to deliver real business benefit.
- James Smith, Warwickshire County Council - Systems Centre Manager
Using the G-cloud and Google's Email Service
"The Corporate IT Forum is a fantastic level check, free of vendor sell and consultancy hype. I like the open sharing of experience…"
"We get valuable knowledge and experience from members of The Corporate IT Forum. This helps us to make better and informed decisions to reach our business goals…"
"The knowledge from other people on what they are doing/have done is invaluable to my team"
"The workshop validated the marketplace for supplier apps; participants were of a uniformly high standard; personally, I value highly the ethos of the Forum in the fact that it is supplier independent"