Investment & Consolidation: Infrastructure for the Future
Legacy modernisation (or 'infrastructure renewal', or 'future infrastructure investment') is a serious challenge for the enterprise.
One of the key issues here appears to be: as you adopt cloud, virtualisation and consumer device / technology capabilities, what happens to your existing infrastructure?
- do you streamline, rationalise and consolidate? (and how much does this cost?)
- do you continue to invest in it (e.g. to support latest OS and app functionality - and platform / device agnostic capabilities?)
- do you 'wrap' legacy components which are still business critical or migrate / upgrade them?
- how do you integrate with 'virtual infrastructure' and 'mobile strategies', and where do you draw the integration lines?
- what impact does this have on your asset management systems and CMDBs?
- what impact does this have on licensing?
- and if you do buy, COTS or Bespoke? Standardisation and simplification to future proof, but at what cost to your ability to innovate, customise and compete?
Who should attend
The agenda will be developed based on input from attending delegates. Provisional discussion areas include:
- Future infrastructure Investment - strategies, options and trends
- Strategy - Cloud? vs. internal? vs. outsource?
- Meeting the infrastructure demands of a growing, changing business
- Minimising the costs of aging technologies / infrastructure
- Existing Infrastructure and the impact of new technology
- Leveraging existing assets
- Moving from legacy to new technologies
- Rationalisation, consolidation and decommissioning
- Taking an ‘industrialised' approach
- Process change = system rewrite?
- Modernisation vs. Transformation
- Upgrade - need for? justification of? technical and licensing issues
- Managing change
"The Corporate IT Forum is a fantastic level check, free of vendor sell and consultancy hype. I like the open sharing of experience…"
"We get valuable knowledge and experience from members of The Corporate IT Forum. This helps us to make better and informed decisions to reach our business goals…"
"The knowledge from other people on what they are doing/have done is invaluable to my team"
"The workshop validated the marketplace for supplier apps; participants were of a uniformly high standard; personally, I value highly the ethos of the Forum in the fact that it is supplier independent"